Peg Perego Book Stroller Review and Buying Guide
↓ Editor Rating ↓
Connected and stay with special travel strollers for your baby. Tweet the Peg Perego Book Stroller Review
Between my own children’s strollers, and those of family and friends, I’ve seen and had a chance to use a wide variety. I’ve owned travel systems, jogging strollers and lightweight umbrella strollers, and have loved certain things about each of them.
The travel system made it easy to move sleeping infants from car to stroller. Jogging strollers have exceptionally smooth rides and turn-on-a-dime maneuverability, and umbrella strollers are very light, compact, and convenient. The Peg Perego Book Stroller combines the best of each stroller.
This stroller works from infancy until about four or five years old, holding children from five to 55 pounds, and working well with certain Peg Perego car seats. These extended weight restrictions, when added to the durability of the stroller, will make this stroller last a long time.
This stroller has a truly one-handed, unique folding mechanism. A slight squeeze and a little lift, and the stroller folds in half.
Unlike many other strollers, this folds in on itself, keeping the seat fabric where your child sits protected and clean.
You can unlatch and open it while holding your child, which is fantastic when carrying sleeping babies or if you’re a parent of a toddler who loves to run.
Easy to Steer
With 12 ball bearings, large wheels and a suspension system, the Peg Perego Book stroller lets you make 360-degree turns with one hand - even one finger.
A one-piece handlebar adjusts to accommodate the heights of parents and makes it possible to pull the stroller like a trolley. This can handle any terrain with ease.
The seat is spacious, with more than enough space for your little one to stretch out, curl up or bring along a few toys.
The one-handed recline mechanism has a range from nearly flat to almost 90 degrees, which allows for maximum comfort whether your child is sitting up or laying down. The edge of t he sea t is adjustable, as well.
The suspension system does more than make the stroller easy to push - it gives your child a smooth ride with fewer bumps.
Made in Italy, the Stroller looks as luxurious as it feels. Four distinct color combinations incorporate pops of color that are both understated and sophisticated.
The frame, seat and overall design of the stroller are attractive and functional - the canopy offers extended coverage with UV protection and zips into place when not in use. The padded cushion is more than a beautiful touch It’s well padded, and machine washable.
- The canopy provides a large area of coverage and include a peek-a-boo window. It allows you to monitor your child and is equipped with UV protection, giving little ones complete coverage.
- The fabrics and design are stylish, durable and comfortable. Two soft and strong jersey fabrics have a delicate lining. The seat snaps on and off for cleaning.
- There are many accessory options to enhance the stroller. They aren’t included, but the footmuff and the stroller rain shield are nice add-ons.
- The under-carriage storage basket isn’t very easy to access when the seat is fully reclined and doesn’t hold very much weight without dragging the stroller down.
- The parent cup holder isn’t very sturdy, and there aren’t any snack or cup holders for the children.
- For a compact stroller, it’s pretty heavy.
A few other great features that make the Peg Perego Book Stroller stand out:
- When the stroller is folded, it stands alone.
- It comes with a two-year warranty, which gives me great peace of mind.
- Despite it’s slightly larger size, it fits well in most cars.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
Q. Can I use a car seat with the Peg Primo Book stroller?
Ans. Yes, it is compatible with the Primo Viaggio SIP 30-30 and 4-35 car seats, which attach to the stroller’s retractable anchors.
Q. How easy is the stroller to assemble?
Ans. Assembly is pretty quick, but the instructions aren’t very clear. There are some great hints online, though, to put the stroller together.
Q. How many color options does this stroller have?
Ans. This stroller comes in four sophisticated color combinations: fuschia with black, gray with black, black with electric green piping, and light gray with darker gray circles.
The Peg Perego Book stroller truly is a you-get-what-you-pay-for stroller. All of the thought and planning that have gone into this stroller make it one of the easiest to use in many regards, and as comfortable for the parent to push as it is for the child passenger.