Having a baby is one of the greatest accomplishments in the world, and parents are always anxious to create the perfect environment for their babies. But as fun and fulfilling as they are, babies do not come cheap–so it’s important to budget for things like diapers.
Diapers are expensive. Every day, for at least two years, your child will need a handful of diaper changes.
The most popular diaper brands are Pampers and Huggies, both of which come in different sizes to fit your child’s specific age group. These brands have a high soaking capacity to keep your little one dry and happy throughout the day and night. They can be bought easily online from these company’s websites, which also offer great discounts.
Buying diapers online today is easy, less time-consuming, and convenient, especially for busy moms. Just a few clicks and you can have the diapers delivered to your doorstep.
For those wanting to stick to a budget, though, where can you find diapers online that are affordable without compromising on quality?
The diaper industry has undergone massive growth over the years, and as such, there are a lot of manufacturers and brand names to choose from. A mother also needs to decide whether to go the cloth diaper way or the disposable diaper way.
To make matters even more confusing, diapers today come in both organic and generic form–so that decision needs to be made also.
Here are our top suggestions for affordable diapers online; hopefully, they will help you to sort through your options and choose the best one of the lot!
Top 4 Best Cheapest Diapers Online – Comparison
Cheapest Cloth Diapers
Cloth diapers can be washed and reused, helping mothers save on disposable diaper expenses. They come in different types such as pant diapers, which mothers love because they can be worn with ease. Your little one can run around without you having to worry about the diaper going out of place.
There are also pocket diapers which are convenient when worn with a nappy. They are lightweight to keep your child comfortable.
Here are our suggestions for affordable cloth diapers online:
Alva Baby Diapers
These are fashionable and stylish cloth diapers. The outer layer is made up of waterproof and breathable polyester. They are reusable, super absorbent, and comfortable diapers.
Alva baby diapers have hip and crossover snaps to help prevent drooping and leaking.
- Polyester materials make it waterproof and breathable
- Hip snaps and crossover snaps prevent leaking and drooping
- Sometimes the buttons are not easy to snap and you have to use extra force.
Kawaii Baby Diapers
Kawaii Diapers come with a large hook and loop fastener making it easy for anyone who babysits your little one to change their diaper. They have a waterproof outer layer and a suede cloth inner layer.
There are three rows of snaps for easy readjustment.
- Suede inner layer keeps moisture away from the skin
- Has a leak-proof front panel for extra protection
- Long term use of Velcro does wear them out
Osocozy Prefolds Unbleached Diapers
Osocozy Diapers come in different sizes and are made from 100% unbleached cotton making them soft for your baby.
They are highly absorbent with eight layers in the middle panel and four layers in the outer panel.
- Soft and durable
- Super absorbent
- Because they are made from natural fibers, you have to wash them before use
- Shrinks after the first wash
Cheapest Disposable Diapers
Disposable diapers save you a lot of time and smelly laundry. But before jumping in and buying any disposable diaper, you need to ask yourself about the size and comfort of your newborn.
Look for a diaper that fits properly or with a contoured fit (designed to fit around your infant’s legs and hips). Also, look out for diapers with fasteners. Some diapers come with a wetness indicator which can be very helpful, especially for first-time mothers.
Most, if not all, disposable diapers have a fundamental structure. They are made from wearable plastic materials, like polythene or polyester, and they have three layers.
The top layer creates the inner lining of the diaper. This is the layer that is in contact with your child’s skin. To reduce rashes and redness, it is fitted with a barrier ointment. Then, there is the absorbent inner layer to soak up as much fluid as possible. And lastly, the back layer, which is the outermost sheet of the diaper. It is waterproof and designed to prevent leaks.
Depending on the brand, some diapers come with perfumes and dyes. You may want to avoid scented diapers if your newborn has skin sensitivities.
Some manufacturers also have innovative ways of making eco-friendly diapers that are mindful of the environment and landfill. They are also known as “green” diapers. These diapers are made from biodegradable materials like bamboo, and they are chemical-free. For the environmentally-friendly moms out there, these are a diaper dream come true!
Here are our suggestions for the best cheapest disposable diapers online:
Andy Pandy Premium Bamboo Diapers
Andy Pandy is the original manufacturers of bamboo diapers that are not just good for your baby, but the environment too. Bamboo is a naturally renewable resource, meaning it is biodegradable. These diapers are also free from chemicals like latex, chlorine, alcohol, and other preservatives.
Andy Pandy diapers keep in mind the sensitivity of your newborn skin. They are fitted with an aloe liner that keeps your little one’s skin hydrated and prevents itchiness. Bamboo is also highly absorbent so you do not have to worry about leaks.
- Bamboo material is good for both your baby’s skin and the environment
- Aloe liner keeps your infant’s skin hydrated
- Prevents leaks well
- They degrade when the baby wears them for longer especially at night. this may make it hard to change in case they soil their diaper.
Pampers Swaddlers Diapers (size 1)
Pampers is one of the best generic brand diapers and a household name synonymous with babies. It is a trusted brand for diapers worldwide. Pampers Swaddlers are hypoallergenic and free from latex, making them gentle for your infant’s skin.
Pampers Swaddlers are fitted with a wetness indicator and soft flexi-sides for a comfortable fit. Its liner allows for breathability and keeps the mess away from the little one’s skin.
- Umbilical cord notch protects your baby’s delicate belly from irritation, pulling, or tugging
- The liners are soft
- Has some fragrances that may irritate sensitive skin
Little Snugglers Baby Diapers by Huggies
Little Snugglers diapers are unscented and hypoallergenic, coming in different sizes to suit your child. They are designed with a gentle absorbing liner that provides a layer of protection with softness and breathability for your child’s skin.
They also come with a wetness indicator that changes color to signal a diaper change.
- Huggies pocketed waistband helps prevent diaper blowouts
- Has a leak lock system that helps prevent leaks for at least twelve hours
- Has an umbilical cord cutout that protects the baby’s belly button
- Gentle on skin protection
- They may rip easily compared to other diapers
Huggies Little Movers
Huggies Little Movers are designed with your child’s flexibility in mind. They come with a contoured shape fit that moves with the child whilst preventing leaks at the same time.
This diaper has a snug-fit waistband and double grip strips to keep the nappy in place while your little one is moving or crawling.
- Dry touch liner which absorbs wetness on contact
- Wetness indicator
- Contoured fit which allows for flexibility and movement
- Can’t hold too much fluid
How to Look For Diaper Deals Online
Many diaper brands today come with better deals if you buy them online rather than in the store. Some of these deals are:
Subscribe & Save
When you subscribe to a brand, you can get discounts to save money. Checking on subscribe and save allows you a percentage on your order. The subscribe and save feature also allows you to plan, as it helps you with scheduling your diaper delivery. Amazon has a subscribe and save program where you get 15% off of consistent deliveries of diapers and free shipping.
Coupon and diaper prime codes
Many stores that sell diapers have discount coupons. You can sign up from your brand’s website to get alerts for when such coupons are available, and let the savings roll in!
Buying in bulk
A bigger box of diapers automatically equates to a lower price per diaper! So if you buy diapers in bulk you will get a better deal. But watch out for discounts on smaller packs – sometimes they can tip the balance, and make it cheaper to buy several small packs rather than one big pack!
If you are on Amazon prime, you can pin on Amazon mom, which is a subscription service that gives amazing discounts on diapers. It is a paid service but Amazon allows a thirty-day trial for free, because they’re confident their services are worth the spend. The best part about Amazon mom is that you get free two-day shipping. Also, Amazon has a return policy if you are not happy with your purchase which is completely free.
How to Save Money on Diapers
The truth is that diapers are expensive, and every dollar saved is another dollar in your pocket. Here are a few tips to help you save on that dollar:
- Be slow to switch the sizes. The bigger the diaper, the fewer diapers are in the package, and the more expensive it will get.
- Observe the package sizes. Instead of looking at the price per package, consider looking at the price per diaper. Not all packages contain the same amount of diapers. For example, Huggies Snug and Dry size 2 come in 42-count packages while the Huggies Little Snugglers size 2 only have 36 per package. You save by buying the larger package.
- Stockpile. Every time you go shopping and you see diapers at a low price, buy them, even if you do not need them immediately.
- Vary the brands. Pampers and Huggies are popular diaper brands. However, if you want to save on diapers, be willing to vary the brands for the least amount of money.
- Buy in bulk. Places like Amazon offer amazing options in purchasing boxes of diapers at great prices.
Considerations for Buying Cheap Diapers Online
When choosing between fabric and expendable diapers, you might want to consider the following:
- Convenience: throwaway diapers are the perfect fit when it comes to convenience.
- Cost: if you are looking to stick to a budget, fabric diapers are the way to go.
- Comfort: expendable diapers are highly absorbent and less prone to leakages, unlike material diapers. When it comes to your baby’s comfort, throwaway diapers are the perfect fit.
Other considerations include:
- Baby weight. Find diapers compatible with your infant’s weight.
- Age. Diapers for the right age make all the difference between a happy infant and a grumpy one.
- Fragrances and dyes. These may cause allergic reactions to your baby’s skin, so look out for additives.
- Diaper size. This is determined by the weight of your infant. Check the diaper packaging to choose the appropriate size for your newborn.
- Absorbent material. The diaper should be able to hold pee and poop without leaking or sagging. Absorbency capability will vary from the type and brand of diaper you use.
- Softness and breathability.
- Brand. Reputable brands like Huggies and Pampers are more trustworthy than new brands on the market. The only downside with reputable brands is that they are a bit expensive.
- Usability and practicality. Ask yourself if the diapers are easy for other family members or daycare staff to use.
- Fitting. A poor-fitting diaper will cause leaks and blowouts no matter how absorbent the diaper may be.
- Materials used. There is a lot of variance in materials and chemicals used in making diapers. Most diapers are made with chemicals and fragrances that might be harsh to your baby’s skin. Also, throwaway diapers are an environmental menace in the long run.
When it comes to diapers, whether washable or disposable, what matters most is your baby’s comfort.
Fabric diapers require a lot of commitment in terms of laundry, which can be annoying if you have a busy schedule. This is because, unlike the throwaway diapers, most of the fabrics used in these diapers do not draw away wetness from the baby’s skin.
On the other hand, disposable diapers can be far more expensive and are an enormous weight on landfills. Both options have pros and cons; it really comes down to your needs and the happiness of your child!
Table of Contents
- Top 4 Best Cheapest Diapers Online – Comparison
- Cheapest Cloth Diapers
- Cheapest Disposable Diapers
- How to Look For Diaper Deals Online
- How to Save Money on Diapers